Thursday, January 17, 2008

Star Struck


Star Struck
Originally uploaded by flylike_paper
One-half of The Happy Couple breathlessly called the house last night. She was at a popular Mexican restaurant, in the proximity of celebrity. There she is, with her Supergirl friend and actor/comedian Paul Rudd. Rudd was in the company of white-hot movie producer Judd Apatow and one of the brightest young stars these days, Michael Cera.
I can't think of a time when my son has sprung into action so quickly. As a fan of the cancelled TV series "Arrested Development," as well as the raunchy movie "Super Bad," he was actually excited about the opportunity to meet Cera.
The phone rang, he answered, and all we heard was, "What? Can I come?" Next thing we knew, he was bounding down the stairs and out the door, blabbing about his girlfriend, Judd Apatow and the Mexican place....and just like that, he was gone.
By the time he got home, we were sound asleep, but he was eager to tell us about "The guy from Anchorman and the guy from Super Bad...." I'm just glad to see him get excited about something.
All these movies and TV shows are being shot around town, and I have yet to have a brush with celebrity. I saw PGA Tour star David Toms at a local grocery store recently, but that doesn't count. He's local and I've known him since he was in high school.
I guess I need to get out more.

------------------------------------------------------
Shreveport Times reporter Alex Kent offers on his Louisiana Movies blog: The Sony Studios Pictures feature film “The Year One” starring Jack Black and Michael Cera is in pre-production in Shreveport with shooting scheduled from January through March of 2008. Apatow is producing the movie, which will be directed by Harold Ramis. Comedy titan Owen Wilson is also reported to have an executive role in the project, which early accounts describe as a comedy set during biblical times.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never get tired of looking at that picture. :)

Until March!? Sweet, I have more time to make Michael Cera talk to me and take a picture, so I can have proof.