Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Oh, My God

Frequent Daddy D readers know that church has always been a big part of my life. Like so many others, I'm not so sure what to believe half the time, but I show up and I always feel better about life after spending some time in the church. If that's God speaking to me, then I'm listening.
I have visited many churches from a variety of demoninations, but you go with what you know. I'm most comfortable, most emotionally and spiritually impacted by a nice liturgical service. I need a sacrament or two to feel whole. I need a sermon to come somewhere in the middle of the service, having been set up by two or three Bible readings and maybe a psalm. I don't need anybody screamin' at me.
I do respect someone else's need for a service to be centered around a preacher and some repetitive singing, but it's just not for me. All of that being said, in all my years of attending church, I have never witnessed anything quite like this:

Pitch your tent carefully, brother. Can I get an amen?

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: