Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's a Great Day So Far

(Auburn, AL) - Look at Daddy D...waving at you from Jordan-Hare Stadium. Somehow, I worked my way into the press box for a nationally-televised Southeastern Conference game which features two Top Ten teams. LSU, the defending national champions, have come to the plains and we're tagging along.
It has not been an easy journey. After work on Friday, I left for West Monroe, LA, where I helped with a high school football broadcast. From there, with a post-midnight departure, my traveling companions and I drove through the night to Meridian, Mississippi where we crashed for a few hours. Trust me, there's no easy way to get from Shreveport to Auburn, but I'm here and I'm excited.
I have to be honest, I'm hoping for an LSU win. It will make the long overnight drive home much easier to take.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Exciting game so far...hope LSU hangs to win, of course. During the first half, I had a lot of anger at Ryan Perilloux for putting the Tigers in this position. Be safe on your drive home.