Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hazardous Duty


Rest in the Nest is Best
Originally uploaded by Darrell
I've been diligent about keeping the bird feeders in the back yard full of seeds. This means we've had an explosion in avian population here on the cul-de-sac. This time of year, happy birds build homes for baby birds. Here are two of the yard's newest feathery citizens.
My wife can vouch for the fact that I earned this photo. I had to use a tall ladder to climb high into a tree. Then, I had to endure urgent dive bombing by the parents. Somewhere during the prcoess, I became grateful that my wife did not have a camera in her hands, because it dawned on me that she must have been witnessing an utterly preposterous scene.
I was standing on the top rung of the ladder wearing a polo shirt and boxer shorts (It was in my fenced back yard). I'm pretty sure all she could see was my legs. Actually, I kind of hope that's all she could see, the more I visualize the events.
Hey, sometimes you have to suffer for your art and sometimes you surrender your dignity. I hope the little birds make it.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: