Monday, March 03, 2008

Return of the Spokesmodel


Darrell on the TV
Originally uploaded by darebouche
These random television appeareances keep getting weirder. This morning, I was out front again for the organization on a local morning show. When I say morning, I mean morning. 5:47am, according to the clock on the TV screen. This meant a 4:15am alarm following a night of rowdy revelry with Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood.
Yep, I worked a 12-hour day on four hours' sleep. It didn't kill me, but I am a little bushed.
The experience was strange because I was interviewed live by one of my oldest friends. He cautioned me not to "do a commercial" for the hospital. Yeah, right. Okay. I'll avoid the PR pitch, pal.
It was early and I was bascially sleepless, so I had to fight the temptation to field produce his live shots. I did offer a few pointers.
More importantly, I didn't embarrass the health system. So, the morning was a success.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: