Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Off the Soup


Outside McGuire's
Originally uploaded by Darrell
Somewhere late into the evening, It was determined that my battered digestive system had recovered enough for me to try solid food. I still couldn't convince myself to go for seafood, but steak? What the heck?
Apparently, when one is on the Emerald Coast, one must eat at McGuire's. Who am I to defy tradition?
I ordered a sampler of Irish Brews, eight little shots of beers in increasing body and varying flavor. I neglected to factor in that I had not eaten anything of substance in about 48 hours. So, the buzz I did not plan came on quickly.
I ordered a ribeye, and under ordinary circumstances it would have been pretty good. Under digestive duress, however, it seemed under-cooked and over-salted, and I couldn't finish it. I brought it back to the Fabulous Beachfront Condo, though. I'll take another stab at it tomorrow.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: