Friday, March 21, 2008

Meeting My Easter Needs

This digital sign outside a pharmacy/ convenience store struck me as particularly presumptuous. Of course, I'm likely giving the sign's "author" entirely too much credit.
So, CVS has all my Easter needs? Can CVS offer me the hope of the Resurrection? Can CVS renew my spirit and forgive my sins? Can CVS open the doors of Heaven to sinners? Quite frankly, those are my Easter needs.
Oh, Wait. CVS has little plastic eggs and chocolate bunnies with hollow ears? Do they have Peeps and fake grass to stick into baskets? Do they have PAAS egg die? Is that what we're talking about here?
This reminds me of a young co-worker who had moved from the Pacific Northwest. She asked, to the shock and dismay of many, "Easter? Is that some kind of southern thing?" That's someone who has Easter needs. I hope CVS helps her.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: