Monday, June 02, 2008

She's Home Safe, but not Happy


The crosses and the mountains
Originally uploaded by Darrell
"I don't mean any disrespect to y'all or anything, but I am so mad to be home."
That was the first sentence out of our daughter's mouth after "Hi, Dad. Hi, Mom."
I guess that means she had a good time in Colorado. How could she not? She was at a church camp in the Rocky Mountains for a week. The people at Christian camp are, by very definition, kind and loving. A week in the mountains with no television and no cell phone but surrounded by friends? How do you think she described it? "Refreshing."
She talked about lots of laughter, love and free time, prayer and reflection. While physically drained, she was spiritually, emotionally and intellectually vitalized. As a parent, you can't ask for more than that.
Plus, she took some really nice photos, and you know that pleased her dad.
I'm glad she's home. I missed her hard. I celebrate with her every time one of her trips is a success, but I also know we're paving the path which will lead her away from us. That's our job but it doesn't make it easy.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: