Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Overcome With Envy


Bonnaroo Bound!
Originally uploaded by Darrell
I said good-bye to my Rock and Roll Son this morning. He is bound for Bonnaroo, a five-day music festival in Tennessee. Peace, love and, well, you know....and I'm so jealous I can hardly stand it.
He's in a group but he and the girlfriend are in charge of hauling all the supplies. So, they packed up the truck and hit the happy highway.
Are we worried? Of course. Anytime you put your kid on the road you're going to be concerned, but he's only going to be 18 once.
This sounds like such a kick in the pants, and I've never done anything like it. They will camp on the grounds from Thursday until Monday and enjoy music on multiple stages from morning until well into the night.
As a certified Led Head, he's going to see (and hear) Robert Plant. Everything else is gravy.
Free on the road, girlfriend by your side, friends nearby, legendary music concentrated over a five-day period. Yep, I'm jealous.
I told him he could misbehave just a little, as long as he comes home safe.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: