Sunday, June 29, 2008

Leftovers From the Road


Good Eats!
Originally uploaded by Darrell
This little dish compelled me to drive a considerable distance away from my ultimate weekend destination. It's shrimp, chopped and mixed with avocado, lime, pico de gallo and cilantro. It's served with tortilla chips. I had it last summer and it was so good I just had to have it again.
I planned my Saturday around my desire to immerse myself in this appetizer's allure. Mix it with great company, a cold drink and some time to kill and you're living right. My main dish, yellowfin tuna, was wonderful. Few things make me happier than a good meal on a good day. Getting there required me to take a ferry, but it was worth it. If you have a chance to eat at Virginia's by the Bay in Port Aransas, do it. We hung out for more than two hours. The day was pleasant, the view was terrific and the food was outstanding.
We were driven from the beach by a storm, but that was fun in its own way. We also spent some time along the bay in Corpus Christi where the prevailing winds were so strong that we were caught a little off-guard. The consistent gale was a bit of a gift, though, because it blew us dry following our seaside drenching earlier in the day. The Arena Football team scored 80 points and won. We got to see the best friend and his family in Houston. So, overall we had quite a pleasant weekend.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: