Tuesday, June 03, 2008

A New Leader in the Clubhouse


Storm Cloud sunset
Originally uploaded by Darrell
My photodistraction episode continues. Yes, I just made up a psuedo-clinical condition. Maybe I can file for disability. It's just that this picture has taken of a life of its own.
I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of the little internet accolades I receive on some of my snapshots, but this one caught me by surprise. This picture of a sunset behind some storm clouds is the runaway winner, easily the most awarded photo I've posted on the web.
I didn't even plan to send it out for scrutiny, but one of my contacts noticed it mostly at random and commented on it. So, I sent it to a couple of groups, and next thing you know: Boom! I'm flooded with comments. I'm invited into "honor" groups. It's crazy.
I was walking from my office to the car one afternoon with my camera in hand. I saw the clouds and squeezed off a couple of shots. The photos stayed in the camera for weeks.
For what it's worth, there it is. It's true, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: