Monday, April 21, 2008

Thus It Is Proclaimed


Earth Day Service
Originally uploaded by Darrell
Whereas the author of this blog is comfortable in front a large group of people and behind a microphone,
Whereas neither the mayor of our city nor his duly authorized representative appeared at the appointed hour to read a proclamation signed and with seal affixed thereto upon said proclamation,
Whereas many bosses. dignitaries, ministers, rabbis and guests were assembled,
Let it be proclaimed that this blog author shall be pressed into duty on approximately 90 seconds' notice to proclaim the day in the name of the absent mayor.

So, there you go. The mayor didn't show up and the boss had me read a proclamation. I didn't mind at all. I don't mind being the center of attention, if even for only a moment.
It wasn't my day to be in the spotlight, but a 60-second opportunity was offered. I hope I didn't embarrass the facility of the mayor.
So let it be written. So let it be done.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: