Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It's Shocking, I Tell Ya


If you don't know what this hand sign means, keep it that way. It's an obscene gesture called "The Shocker" and it has no place on a family blog. I bring this up only because it came up at home this week. I figured if my daughter knows it, there's no real harm in asking. If she does not know it, at least I'm feeling better about things and I'm certainly not telling.
So, I made the gesture, and said, "Hey, do yo know what this is?" The look of horror on her face told me everything I needed to know. She looked at me for about five seconds and then said, "Dad, stop it!"
Then, she said, "Look, don't go around the family home throwing up The Shocker."
That told me everything I need to know about high school. I was horrified, in reverse, for about ten minutes. Then, I realized that what she said was hysterically funny.
Thank God my wife didn't get the joke. At least someone in my house is leading a sheltered existence.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god. hahaha.