Saturday, September 08, 2007

Something to Talk About

(Bossier City, LA) - Another football Friday led to another chance encounter with an old friend. My buddy Rick is producing a high-definition documentary about Airline High School's football season. His son is one of the school's star players, so there's his motivation. I have agreed to be part of Byrd High School's broadcast team. Byrd played Airline. Friends for Life became enemies for an evening. Well, not really, but I did feel awkward in my Byrd gear on the Airline sideline. Still, it was nice to see Rick, even if he was immersed in his work. For the record, Byrd won the game 29-21.
This is the second weekend in a row football has brought me together with a close friend. Last weekend, I spent some quality hang time with TV Tim in Starkville, Mississippi.
Other friends are sending around "pick 'em" contests and random phone calls are being placed about LSU's chances against Virginia Tech and the Saints' dismal loss to the Colts to open the NFL season.
I guess that old commerical was right on target. It's good that football season is here so that guys will have something to talk about.
Tomorrow, I will drag my bride to Ruston to see Louisiana Tech play Hawaii. I have convinced her it will be worth the trip to see Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan, who has all the tools to be a star in the NFL. At least that's what all the guys are saying.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: