Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Day in the Life

Somebody must have told the kitten I'm not a big fan. She's trying to win me over. Awakened by a 6:30 a.m. Sunday alarm, a little early afternoon quiet time proved irresistible. My best efforts to make it through another chapter of a thoroughly entertaining book were rebuffed by the comfort of a well-worn couch and an eerily soothing thunderstorm.
At some point my siesta was disturbed by three furries climbing on top of me, all fearful of the clmatological clamour rattling the windows. The dog was alternately begging for attention and panting/ pacing.
Old Fat Cat seems finally to have accepted that the kitten won't be going away, so they are forging a feline friendship.
As for me, the nap was worth experiencing. I can kind of see a redeeming quality or two in the young cat, particularly when she's still and needy. She still has a long way to go, though, to convince me that she's worth the trouble.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: