Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Slowly Returning to Normal, for Now

My wife, bowed but not beaten by a mystery ailment, is home after spending 47 hours in a hospital. Although she's not quite herself, she's slowly but surely getting back to her affable, reliable baseline.
This is good because I have a trip planned this weekend and I don't want to miss it. It's a real departure for me and I'm excited about it. I'll spare the details in anticipation of future Storytimes, but I will say this: for the first time in my life, I possess a fishing license. In my halcyon days on the lake, we didn't need a piece of paper to drop a hook. We just needed my grandmother, a cane pole and a can of worms.
This will be an opportunity for personal growth. Not only will I be engaging in a new activity, I will also be traveling with five other guys, only one of whom I know. Friends of Daddy D know the haunting "stranger danger" dynamic well, so this could really be something.
Our daughter is scheduled to come home in a few days after a monthlong assignment in the Rocky Mountains. Maybe by early next week everyone will be well and home and things can get back to normal around here.
In the meantime, don't look for me. Gone Fishin'.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: