Friday, June 05, 2009

Life's Little Annoyances

It's Friday and we had no plans, so we decided to pretend we're young and order a pizza. We picked a pizza joint close to the house and I wanted to make sure I knew exactly what I wanted in advance. It seems like the courteous thing to do, to facilitate efficient ordering. So, I went to the website, clicked on "menu" and decided on my toppings: pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms and green olives. I was excited. You don't get a green olive option very often. The lady who answered the phone dutifully took my order. Five minutes later, she called back to say they don't offer green olives. I beg to differ.
If you're not going to keep your website current, take your website down. OR...send somebody to Wal-mart or Sam's or Brookshire's to buy a jar of olives. How hard can it be?
I wouldn't be so bent about all this, except that we are well acquainted with someone in the pizza place's organization who says this comes up often.
I paid for four ingredients and got three, because I ddn't want to hassle with crediting my card the cost of one topping.
Live and learn. It's not like I asked for pimentoes.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: