Monday, December 15, 2008

Still a Thrill

I've been standing on the sidelines of football games for more years (decades) than I care to admit. Still, the opportunity to see the reigning Super Bowl champion NY Giants up close against the Dallas Cowboys was too good to pass up.
When you hear a coach say, "I had the worst seat in the house," he has a point. One can actually see each play develop much more clearly from an elevated vantage point. Still, nothing gives you a sense of the size of the players or the speed of the game like standing right there with 'em.
All that being said, the event seems much bigger when viewed on television, especially in HD.
The Cowboys found a way to win in prime time and the assembled crowd raised quite a ruckus. I don't know if I'll ever get back to the sidelines, but I'm glad I made my way to the floor of Texas Stadium one more time before the Cowboys move out.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: