Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Who's Perspiring?


Birthday Lunch
Originally uploaded by Darrell
I heard somebody say the other day, "marriage is hard work." I suppose that's true for a lot of people, but I have to say I've never broken a sweat.
My wife might have a different reaction, if plied with truth serum. Maybe she's been breaking rocks for two decades, but you'd never know it.
That is why things have been so easy for me. She has the sweetest disposition of anyone I've ever known. When she gets mad, she kind of turns red but never makes a scene. She has a gentle spirit and a gentle way, an amazing and necessary balance to my mercurial ways.
And here's the thing about her winsome personality: It's real! Some people have good manners and work at being nice and polite. She just is. She's just sincere and sometimes a little naive.
I bring this up now because she just got a new position at work which means significantly more responsibility, with the pressure and stress to go along with it.
She's been too good to be true since the day we met. Now comes the test. I'll let you know if she gets cranky.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: