Saturday, July 26, 2008

Deep in the Heart of Texas

(Austin, TX) - It's hot in Texas. The temperature topped 100 degrees today, which dampened my enthusiasm for walking around downtown. Plus, I still felt bloated from an evening of overindulgence at a Brazlian steakhouse.
We did what you're supposed to do in Austin, though: took a stroll down 6th Street on a Friday evening and enjoyed some live music. That particular part of Austin seemed to be everything one would expect: live music, a young crowd and a few eccentrics thrown is for spice.
We were given a list of places to see (well, mostly to eat), so we took the advice of many and had lunch at Stubb's Barbecue, a downtown landmark near the University of Texas.
A brief stop here at the computer as we visit relatives will be followed by Arena Football, of course. Why else whould I travel on a summer weekend? If my team wins, we're division champions and earn a home playoff game. Where I will be next weekend will be determined by a group of large, sweaty young men in helmets and pads. I'm rooting for them to win.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: