Friday, February 08, 2008

Father Cooper


Father Ken Cooper
Originally uploaded by Darrell
Ken passed away Friday evening about 7:00pm. This was sudden and unexpected. His family is grateful for the support the church has shown and will continue to show in the days and weeks ahead.
God called him home from his favorite place, Austin. Ken and Martha have a home there, as well as their house in Shreveport.
Ken loved the hill country, the bluebonnets, the Longhorns and just about everything else about Austin.
As arrangements are made, we will post them here.
Please pray for Martha, their daughters and their grandchildren as they begin to understand what happened.
-------------------
Services will definitely be at St. Mark's. Martha is hoping to arrange something for Tuesday. Check back here for updates.------
Martha and Claire will be home Saturday evening. Ellen is expected to be in Shreveport on Sunday. -DR

Sphere: Related Content

5 comments:

Seth said...

My deepest sympathies to your family at this time of loss.

Anonymous said...

Darrell (and all) - Lois Maberry just emailed me the news. I am so sorry to hear. Ken was a wonderful mentor to me as I was contemplating ordination, and a great friend. Mickey Richaud

Workman said...

Our prayers are with you and your loved ones at this time.

Unknown said...

'My prayers are with you and your loved ones at this time.'

Me too Darrell. I'm so sarry to hear of your loss.

Rick Shelton

Whit+ said...

My wife and I are both so sorry to hear about Ken's death. He was very kind to the two of us.