Thursday, December 06, 2007

My Wife in Chains

A therapist might tell you that a middle-aged couple which has been together a long time could be inclined to "try new things" in the marital department. That is not what this is about. Somehow, my wife got dragged into a fundraiser for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. It's called the "MDA Lock-up," and the organization's people pick conscripts up and put them in a pretend jail. The idea is the "arrested" person raises bail money, which of course goes to fund research to fight muscular dystophy.
This is not a new thing. It happened to me several times when I was a full-fledged Member of the Media. I don't think I ever hit the goal the MDA set for me, but I hope they are grateful for what they got. My wife and I respect the work they do, but neither of us is comfortable asking people for money. As we have established many times, she is a good sport. So she played along with a smile on her face.
I hope it wasn't the cuffs making her smile.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: