Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Me and Religious TV

I spent 25 years on local TV, but rarely have I had a reaction quite like the one I've received from a random appearance on a baptist minister's talk show this past Sunday. If you must know, the show is called "It Feels Like Home." It's produced by Summer Grove Baptist Church.
For wider interest: This church in Shreveport is growing so fast they they actually BOUGHT A MALL. Yes, Southpark Mall, which was sadly underperforming, is being transformed bit-by bit into a Churchoplex. The worship space, not that long ago, was Dillard's, I think.
Anyhow, I'm acquainted with the pastor. We're in a civic organization together. He had a same-day cancellation just a couple of hours before taping. Since the show would air on Super Bowl Sunday, it sort of made since to have a sportscaster (or, at least a former sportscaster) on his show. We wound up talking about spiritual journeys. (If there's any demand for this, I'll post details).
I've been blown away by the response. Three days outfrom the broadcast, I've had multiple humans say something to me every day. Mad Props to My Man Rod Masteller from what is apparently an amazing viewership. Thanks to Rod and Summer Grove for the opportunity to speak to the Ark-La-Tex about faith.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: